A decent cycling jacket is a great addition for cyclists of any level of skill and experience. As an outer layer styling is important. We have cycling jackets, softshells and windshells in a variety of designs and colours to suit all personal preferences.
We have low budget cycling jackets which do the basics well, and also a range of higher end technical jackets for those who need the best of the best. We stock high quality cycle jackets from Dare 2b and Trespass.
- Dare 2b
What do you need from a cycling jacket?
A good cycling jacket will keep you warm and protect you from wind and rain. However, as cycling is a very active outdoor sport you also need protection from perspiration. You will require technologies that work to keep you comfortable no matter how hard you are working. So, unsurprisingly, the three quintessential requirements we so often encounter apply to cycling jackets; windproofing, waterproofing, and breathability.
Typically a cycling jacket will also be easily visible with bright colours and reflective details.
Functional features; perfect for cycling
- Taped seams
- Durable Water Repellence (DWR)
- Mesh linings
- Zip pockets
- LED compatibility
- Adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable shock-cord hems
- Roll away hoods
- Underarm vents
- Reflective details
- Stretch fabrics
Dare 2b active technologies
Ared – Dare 2b Ared fabric technologies are available in a hierarchy of performance. All Ared products have four key performance aspects:
- Waterproofing - Every Ared fabric from Dare 2b is waterproof. The higher end Ared fabrics have better waterproof thresholds.
- Breathable – Ared fabrics are high wicking, allowing you to sweat and stay comfortable and dry. The VO2 Ared range demonstrate even greater breathability.
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) – Ared fabrics have a water repellent treatment adhered to them which makes water bead on contact and roll off.
- Windproof – Nothing contributes more to the chill of a mountain environment like wind. Wind can cut right through a lesser equipped garment. Ared fabrics are windproof to keep the cold wind from reaching you.
Many Ared products also have stretch fabrics, with strategically placed stretch panels so your movement remains unrestricted.
D-NYT – Dare 2b D-NYT products are highly reflective from 360°, ensuring that you can be seen. D-NYT is invaluable for keen runners and cyclists.
ILUS Core Stretch – products with Dare 2b’s ILUS Core Stretch technology are extremely versatile and flexible. They have four salient characteristics:
- Warmth – ILUS Core Stretch products provide warmth without weight. A decent thermo-insulation to weight ratio is a great benefit for active outdoor sports.
- Stretch – Stretch fabrics and strategically placed stretch panels allow increased flexibility and freedom of movement.
- Quick drying – Highly breathable and technical fibres wick moisture away from the body where it can rapidly evaporate.
- Fine yarn – Weight saving and cooling, fine yarns are a great benefit for high intensity activity.